General information about editorial procedure
Authors have to make sure that they write their manuscripts at an advanced English language level and the specific scientific terms are correctly used. All manuscripts submitted to JSSP will go through a double blind peer-review process. All reviewers are writing a thorough review report in which they follow the guidelines of the editorial board on relevant and exigent content-related and formatting aspects established in accordance with the internationally acknowledged editorial policies. See more about COPE and PERK. Authors will receive a notification about the manuscript within 3 months of submittance, in which recommendations for adjustments are suggested. Also, when submitting a manuscript all of the authors should suggest the names of two possible reviewers in the same scientific field (name and surname, scientific title, affiliation, e-mail, fax/telephone).
Obligations of Authors
- Meet the standards set by the editors and editorial policy.
- Submit only original research papers.
- Bring a significant scientific contribution in the field.
- Not reproduce the same idea in other journal.
- Cite all the scientific resources/references and declare the source of data.
- Acknowledge the involvement of co-author(s) who contributed to the completion of the manuscript (design, data processing, a.o.).
- Assign the corresponding author. The corresponding author must be assigned when submitting a manuscript. They are the contact persons for both the editorial board and other scholars interested in their research results. The corresponding author should take full responsibility and acts on behalf of all authors of the article.
- Acknowledge any financial support they benefitted from, if the case.
- Declare any fundamental errors, even noticed later.
- Sign the Affirmation of Originality and Authorship Statement (all authors should fill out and sign the statement according to which they brought their original contribution to the scientific concept and final editing of the manuscript, they take full responsibility for the scientific content of their work and they agree with the publication of the final version of the manuscript) and send it to the editorial board in due time.
- In case of conflict of interest authors should contact the editorial board in due time.
Please read the following instructions carefully and maintain the format of the article as it is sampled. You can download the article sample and use it to edit your paper. Article sample JSSP
In order for your manuscript to be published in our journal it is mandatory not to be submitted to other journal, or previously published elsewhere, even though in other language.
The content of the articles included in our journal may not necessary express our editors’ opinion, therefore authors are responsible for the scientific content of their papers.
Every author that submits an article for publication in Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning should fill out the Affirmation of Originality and Authorship Statement in accordance with the journal’s policy and guidelines on publishing ethics published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and Elsevier’s Ethics in Research and Publishing (Publishing Ethics Resource Kit). Every author listed in the list of authors must fill it out and sign it. After you sign it, please scan the form and send it together with your submitted paper by e-mail to the editorial team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For more information on formatting manuscripts please download the Author guidelines.